How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)

May 2, 2007 by

This post has been updated with a new instruction video 2007-05-02! 2007-07-19

Purpose: The Nokia N95 slider is somewhat wobbly, at least on some devices. This guide explains how you can open up the phone to sort the wobble. The guide is based on Biggzy’s guide, published at HowardForums, big thanks to him!

What you need:

• Nokia N95
  • Electrical sticky tape

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I found this great video guide, unfortunatly it’s in italian(?).

Instructions:

Here’s a video guide:

Turn off the phone. Remove battery cover and battery.Pull the back cover off by easing it out away from the slide like the image to the right. 23042007036un4.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
Then remove the backcover from the phone. 23042007037zq5.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
At each side of the N95 you will see 2 black metal strips (one on each side) held in place by 3 silver screws. Here’s the picture of the black metal strip and the screws. 23042007038oo7.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
Undo the 3 screws from one side and keep them safe (do 1 side at a time, its easier) and remove the black metal runner. 23042007040lg1.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
Put the metal strip on a surface face down so the lip is pointing upwards, get your electrical tape (Biggzy used blue tape so you can see it) and cut a thin strip and place it on the black metal runner under the lip like this. 23042007042xu9.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
Do this with each black runner so your slide will be tight once its back together. Once you have done the first side, take the second black runner from side 2 and do the same. You’ll notice one black runner is smaller than the other, don’t mix them up when you put them back onto the N95. 23042007043vt9.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)
Now it’s time to put the runners back. You may have to force them into place.As you put the runners back on you will notice that the runners are pushing the white plastic runners down onto the slide, this is how it makes the slide nice and tight.Screw the runners down tight and pop the back cover back on. Start with button side first like this. 23042007044kz3.thumbnail How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)

Source

button How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)

Comments

109 Responses to “How to: Repair wobbly slider on the Nokia N95 (updated)”

1. Silver83 on May 5th, 2007 19:55

GREAT! Did it with your instruction and my sliders is nearly perfect now…perhaps a little bit too tigth but I won’t complain ;)

2. Pascal on May 7th, 2007 01:40

Just tried this, and works great!

3. Dario on May 7th, 2007 17:27

Great Pascal :)

4. biggzy on May 18th, 2007 22:49

glad my slider fix is working

5. LeNupp on May 19th, 2007 00:46

Thank u so much! Great, great job! :-) )

6. Dario on May 19th, 2007 14:31

Works great Biggzy :)

7. LarsG on May 26th, 2007 23:38

Excellent guide, except for one thing.

What kind of screwdriver do you need? Torx T6? T5?

8. Dario on May 27th, 2007 00:47

Hey LarsG. Its a six-edge type of screwdriver. Not sure if its Torx 5 or 6, I think it’s a 5… The 6 is too big. Help me out people?

9. biggzy on May 28th, 2007 00:06

yes its a T5, i did say in original post it was a T6, thasts coz i had cheapo torx screwdrivers and the T5 was labeld with T6

10. Dario on May 28th, 2007 23:41

Thanks Biggzy :) You are very helpful, I appreciate it!

11. biggzy on May 29th, 2007 11:41

no problem dario, btw very nice site u got here

12. LarsG on June 2nd, 2007 23:26

Just did the fix on my phone. Nice and firm now, thanks for the howto.

13. Dario on June 3rd, 2007 12:28

Great LarsG. I’m glad it worked out for you. :)

14. Pejo on June 7th, 2007 22:30

You do not ned to use electrical tape. Just bend metal metal strip upward for a milimeter or two. works also.

15. Xander on June 9th, 2007 16:03

The right side of my phone was wobbly and had a slight click, however not as clicky as I have seen some on youtube.

So I followed your tips, except only did it for the right hand runner, and had to put 2 layers of yellow/green striped electrical tape over that tiny lip!

But my god, it works like a TREAT!

Thankyou SO much for this! I didn’t want to bend any runners, so I followed your method and it works so well!Well pleased :D Thanks again mate!

16. Bucky on June 10th, 2007 01:23

This worked perfectly for me. I used some Diamond clear sellotape – it doesn’t go yellow or gacky after a few weeks/months – so I’m hoping it’ll last. Cheers for the How to, I was wondering the best way to go about it.

17. Ken on June 11th, 2007 00:07

This worked great.  I dropped one of the little screws inside the phone so I had to take apart the phone just to shake it out. all in all it was all worth it.  Thanks Biggsy.  Will this tape last? I don’t think it’s going anywhere…it’s just in one place not moving.

18. Dario on June 11th, 2007 12:42

I’m glad this works good for you people. The tape seems to last pretty good. It’s easy to replace if that would become necessary in the future.

19. Wmc90 on June 16th, 2007 15:24

Worked perfectly, thanks a whole lot! :D  If you have a really tiny flathead screwdriver (like I did) you can also use that if you haven’t got a small enough Torx.

20. Dario on June 17th, 2007 20:01

Cool Wmc90 :) You must have really tiny screwdrivers!

21. biggzy on June 17th, 2007 21:13

the tape wont wear away as its sandwiched between the metal and plastic rails, glad to see so many ppl find my fix so handy.

22. Dario on June 17th, 2007 21:22

Yes biggzy, your guide is excellent! Got any more? ;)

23. chriz on June 19th, 2007 18:54

t5 dont fit screws

24. Dario on June 19th, 2007 23:17

Chriz: Are you sure you dont have those cheap torx T6′s labeled T5 that biggzy wrote about?

25. chriz on June 21st, 2007 11:46

no way man, im really good with electronics, i have a t5 and a t6 screwdriver. take my word for it there are n95,s out there like mine which will  not budge. the screws are so tight in there. there must be another way which doesnt need tape or screw removal.

26. Dario on June 21st, 2007 15:13

Okay Chriz. Make sure to tell me if you find another solution.

27. mat060572 on June 22nd, 2007 13:42

First post – Hi everyone
    got this phone today – looks impressive but definite wobbly slider. Do they all have this and require the above fix or should I send it back to O2 and get a replacement.
    Appreciate a response as have 7 day return period.
    Thanks guys (& gals)

28. Dario on June 23rd, 2007 18:43

Hi Mat. Most of the Nokia N95′s have the wobbly slider problem. I would repair it instead of sending it back because chances are big you’ll end up with another wobbly N95…

29. biggzy on June 23rd, 2007 20:58

dario sorry i dnt have any more fixes at the moment, but will let u know if i invent any lol. hi mat, like dario said, sending it back will more than likely be a pain and you mey endup with a even wobblyer slider than befor, my voda branded n95 (the 1 in the pics being fixed) was very wobbly, but my t-mobile n95 was fine, its just hit and miss realy. P.S. got my 4gb sandisk micro SDHC today, works a treat in the n95, it actualy works faster than my 2gb sandisk micro SD, if ur in the EU you can buy them from http://www.mobymemory.com for £52 (united kingdom). dario if u ever got any questions just email me biggzyn80@googlemail.com

30. Hekko on June 27th, 2007 19:32

Hey guys…I’ve had the same slider problem like everyone else. This great post here got me thinking I could fix the problem myself, but I didn’t like the electrical tape solution, because – contrary what most people here say – I think that will only work untill the tape gets loose and starts jamming the slider. Also the rail’s surface seems to tiny to get tape neatly on it :/So I went for the rail bending alternative, and that worked really well! I only took out one of the rails and used a plier to bend both outer edges slightly inwards (not outwards like Pejo, because I think you only increase the gap that way). Be sure to bend it only slightly because otherwise you’ll get to much friction on the slider. Put the rail back in…and tada, no matter if you close the slider or open it either way the wobble is gone.Good luck everyone, whichever solution you try!

31. Herluf on June 28th, 2007 15:02

I was really unhappy with the wobbly slider and was about to hand it back to the store asking for a new one. That was until i saw that nearly all phones have this problem and some have others problems like a high pitch noise when they talk. Then i decided – what the hell, lets give this tape thing a try….And man does it work! I was really nervous about breaking something, but it was quite an easy "mod". Now my phone is as tight as it should have been when it came from nokia.No more wobbling – and as you say, because the tape is in between the metal and the plastic, it probably won’t wear out. Thanks a lot for posting this guide :) (Now we only need to get rid of the noise when listening to music)

32. René on June 28th, 2007 18:05

Super, it works really great!
    It slides nice and firm now.
    Many thanks
    Greetz René

33. sahil on June 28th, 2007 23:44

hey d rail bendin idea seems gud…
    bt thn cn u tell me tht did ya only bend d edges or d entire thing a lil bit???

and is d tape idea effective??
    a normal cello tape is so thin i dnt think it vil hav ne effect

34. Dario on June 29th, 2007 19:02

Sahil: Please read the other comments and you’ll find your answers.

35. Reparando el teclado del n95 en rogusan.ná on July 3rd, 2007 13:49

[...] Aquí proponen una solución, según los comentarios la cosa funciona. [...]

36. chriz on July 11th, 2007 11:38

managed to get it fixed,by using the warranty.
    Nokia ARE liable to fix it for free,took it to the carphone warehouse.
    If you have proof of purchase it could be sent back to nokia in a pre paid envelope(check out there website)if like me you got it from ebay with no documents then just take it in .
    As the phone is only 4 months old,it is still obviously in warranty.
    I did it and now I have a properly repaird phone.

37. laura on July 12th, 2007 09:30

Does this works with an Nokia E65 also?
    Kan You please give me an answer?
    Thank you.!

38. Dario on July 12th, 2007 11:01

I don’t know Laura :( I don’t have a E65 and really have no insight in how the E65 looks internally. I’m sure your retailer can repair it (the service center must repair your slider in the first year of ownership, it’s covered by the warranty). I searched the net but I didn’t find any information on how to repair the E65 slider… Does anyone else know how to do this? Anyone opened up the E65?

39. laura on July 12th, 2007 11:09

Thank you for trying to find anything about repair the E65.
    I didn’t fiound anything myself.
    Anyone ????

40. A L 3 X on July 12th, 2007 22:13

I am wanting to do this but do you know if doing this or the bending the rails method carries any risk of long term damage to the phone…for example wearing away or rubbing or something?

41. Dario on July 13th, 2007 02:01

AL 3 X: Don’t worry, watch the videos and you’ll figure out that the tape does not wear out because the slider never touches the tape. It’s between the rail, to make it a little tighter.

42. A L 3 X on July 13th, 2007 17:51

so this cannot damage the phone though which is more what im worried about? like could it rub paint off the phone because its too tight or snap or something?

43. Dario on July 13th, 2007 20:20

AL3X: Of course you can damage the phone if you don’t handle things with care. I wouldn’t recommend you to do this if you feel insecure or if you generally damage things you touch (don’t get me wrong ;) )

If that’s the case I suggest you let a certified service center do the reparation (as your one year warranty should cover this). But remember, if you do open the phone, your warranty might get void. Good luck!

44. A L 3 X on July 13th, 2007 22:46

no, no, what i mean is by doing the mod can it damage the phone long term? nt will i damage it, im talking about in the long run after succesfully doing the mod i already did the mod but took it off thinking maybe it could damage it, so i thought id get a reply from you guys

45. Dario on July 14th, 2007 00:45

AL3X: No I don’t think this will damage the phone in the long term. The phone will probably not wear out more with the mod than it would without the mod. I would not be worried, however I can not guarantee anything. All modifications are made on your own risk.

46. mario on July 14th, 2007 10:57

hey i from belgie europe (cycling land) I do it with a grip tang (plier like american people say) and it’s works. But do it very careful.
    Thanks Hekko greets from belgium (city Lokeren)

47. Dario on July 14th, 2007 14:01

With a grip tang?? You mean one of these things?

Why would you need one of those…?

48. A L 3 X on July 14th, 2007 20:38

I did the fix except using sellotape as i said cos’ my slider isn’t that loose  its just got the ‘tapping syndrome’. Anyway i only did it donw the right hand side as the left is flush, anyway my question is, when sliding up it seems tighter than before as well as the tapping stopped, is this how N95′s should be ?

49. Dario on July 14th, 2007 22:27

AL3X: The slide should feel solid and there shouldnt be any tapping. I would say it’s a matter of personal preference, I like it tight, but not to tight. It should still slide easily but feel solid. Smiley

50. A L 3 X on July 14th, 2007 22:58

yep, it slides pretty solidly but easily, although tighter than before because before it wouldrequire almost no amount of force to slide it up, but now it seems more even as i only did it to one side as the other was solid, and now the right side is aswell

51. Dario on July 14th, 2007 23:18

AL3X: I think your slider works perfect Smiley

52. A L 3 X on July 15th, 2007 01:02

ooo, thats good, lets just hope it doesnt wear out….as for some reason even though the right side was loose, when i took it off, the black bracket had paint rubbed off where it had slid…kinda weird

53. A L 3 X(again) on July 16th, 2007 22:19

just wondering guys…for you with n95′s if you grab the
    back(plum/sand/graphite) part with one hand ad then the front with the
    other and hold the front part with a finger at each side..if you push
    it a little(not enough to slide it up) but if u just push a little in
    each direction(up and down) does it seem to have a little leverage and
    move ever so sligtly…even for you with the tight sliders?

as i think this is normal and is meant to happen but just wanted to be sure..i think im becming a perfectionist

54. Dario on July 16th, 2007 22:27

Hehe lol AL3X yes that happends on my phone aswell. Nothing to worry about. Maybe you should go for a Vertu phone next time?

55. A L 3 X(again) on July 16th, 2007 23:29

no lol i love the N95…just the build quality isnt the best…tbh the slided didnt used to bother me till i read all of this on here

56. A L 3 X(again) on July 16th, 2007 23:29

oh and why a vertu?? are they meant to be perfect?

57. Dario on July 16th, 2007 23:32

Hehe I know the feeling. Somehow I’ve grown out of perfection. I guess it has to do with to much work, to little time and stuff like that.

Don’t really know if Vertu’s are perfect, but yes they are exclusive handmade phones, and I suppose they’re very high quality. I’ve never had one though so I wouldn’t know really…?

58. biggzy on July 18th, 2007 20:57

@ A L 3, the up and down motion, (bout half a mm) is normal, and as for ur slide, id do it to the other side also, just to make it even both sides, did u try with diferent thickness of tape? results do vary, so just test it until u think its perfect, the 1 in the pic was my voda uk n95 (now sold) and that was very wobbly, i now have a t-mobile n95 and it was perfect out the box, altho i still put 1 layer of tape on just to make it that little bit tighter, and theres been no wear and tear, nothing, works like a dream

59. julien on July 18th, 2007 21:21

ok, i’ve put computers together before, but never a phone. what’s the likelihood of me being able to do this?

60. Dario on July 18th, 2007 23:17

It’s really easy Julien.

61. Stefan on July 23rd, 2007 22:07

Fixed mine now also, the whole phone feels alot more rigid now and more like a quality phone now. Before the plastic was squiky and the slider wobbly. Now it will not slide open in my pocket by mistake either.
    I used torx TX5x40mm for the screws and I used 0,2 mm thick black electrical tape. It was a bit tricky to get in place. I used the backend of a razorblade to push it all the way under the lip.
    I had mine sent to the repair shop first, but they could not fix it properly.
    Thanks Dario!

62. Dario on July 24th, 2007 09:54

Happy to hear it worked for you Stefan :)

63. Ajay16 on July 27th, 2007 18:16

I tried bending the runners…………bad idea, ended bending the FCUK out of one of them, completely miss shappen! Luckily iv beant it back straight! Talk about panic lol Now it is tighter but grates a little hmmm maybe the tape would help stop the grating.

Be careful folks!

64. shaunj66 on August 8th, 2007 13:23

Oh my, thanks so much for this mod. It works BRILLIANTLY. My slider was originally unbelievably loose and wobbled all over the place and clicked every time I pressed a button which was extremely annoying.Took the runner out; put 2 strips of electrical tape (2x thickness) under the runner rail lip and put it back together. Now it works BRILLIANTLY. The slider is solid and doesn’t move at all! Feels like a whole new phone. It’s what the N95 should normally arrive like. It’s solid. Doesn’t even move a millmeter, no matter what position the slider is in. All that done in under 20 minutes. Screw sending it away for repair!

65. Monsoon411 on August 18th, 2007 09:51

Pascal you made this video ? Its awesome and is your site….and if its the same pascal then so are your themes altough i don’t like the icons kinda …hmm-ish lol but man this fix worked just great, btw itsa T5 to open it :)

66. John on August 24th, 2007 16:28

Thanks for the mod, bit nervy about doing it but alfight for a finish. Had a panic when I used a cheap T5 screwdriver and I thought I had stripped the head off one of the screws but I got a better screwdriver and it came out okay. I see that you fix is slightly different to the you tube video. At first I couldn’t get the tape to stay in place using your method so I did it the way that the video does by putting more in under the slider. Had to take it off again as it maed the slider too hard to open. Preservered with your way and it came out much better. Keep up the good work.

67. fendushi on September 4th, 2007 02:30

Just did mine…. it was so easy. Don’t even have to take the palstic bits out like the other fix.Truly the easiest, ultimate loose slider fix!!!!

68. Dario Soltani on September 4th, 2007 09:11

fendushi: great! nalbeki!

69. fendushi on September 5th, 2007 01:44

I’ve found a side effect… (maybe)I heard "click, click, click" as I was turning the screws in. I didn’t stop cause  the screws were not tight enough to secure the metal strips, so I kept going till I can’t screw it in no more. This only happened on one side… the right side when the camera is pointing up and the power button away from you.I thought nothing of this till last night, when I read some guy on a forum reporting that there are gaps on the side of his phone where the LCD sits. He was aware about the gap on the bottom part where the top keypad sits on both sides… but this was along the LCD part.. about 3/4 from the bottom. It was clearly visible when the LCD lights are on.I looked at mine… and there they were, on both sides. But they are VERY slight gaps, only noticeable with the LCD lights on and when viewed on an angle. They are not noticeable with the lights off, unless you look very closely.I don’t know if they guy who reported that did the mod as well… maybe the gaps have been there all along? Who knows… but I’m happy with the outcome. :)

70. biggzy on September 17th, 2007 00:28

hi dario, iv not posted for awhile, its so nice to see more people
    using my n95 slider fix, its great to help others,
    be happy and keep fixing lol ……

71. Dario Soltani on September 17th, 2007 20:34

Fendushi: Great it worked for you.

Biggzy: Lots of readers hehe :)

72. Cheth on September 27th, 2007 16:50

1> You said there is a video guide……are you actually referring to the images above or is there a complete video on this? I will be trying this and I thought that a video would be a big help…. 2>I was a bit confused with what fendushi says….does it mean that if I try to do this it may damage the LCD portion??Please advice.

73. Dario Soltani on September 28th, 2007 00:44

Cheth:

1. There are 4 videos in the article above, you need to press the play button for them to play. The images are there to further describe the process.

2. I think the gaps fendushi is talking about have always been there, but I’m not really sure. However this mod will not damage the LCD (this is no LCD, its a freakin color screen fendushi!). Of course there is always a chance that you damage your screen in some way, but that can happen just by dropping the phone… Smiley

74. pookie on October 7th, 2007 08:32

brilliant! worked like a charm, thanks

75. me me me on October 13th, 2007 09:43

hey… dario man im juz wondering… my n95 is juz a little wobbly… not tat bad!! the sliding up is tight but its the sliding down tat worries me… so will the tape method help with that? thanx

76. Dario Soltani on October 15th, 2007 21:49

Hey me me me… Yes it will! ;)

77. whatz up! on October 18th, 2007 21:16

Hi Dario, similar to me me me, mine is tight when it is open up or down. the o
    only problem i have is that it is a little wobbly in the closed position.
    the problem is up and down wobbly when it is closed. will this help the
    wobble when it is closed?

thanks man!

78. Dario Soltani on October 19th, 2007 02:16

I’m pretty sure this will help both you whatz up! and you me me me :)

79. Srdjan on October 20th, 2007 20:26

What is the better – putting tape on the phone like in last video, or putting tape on the black rail(s), like on the 5th and 6th picture?

80. Dario Soltani on October 22nd, 2007 08:26

Just place the tape under the rail to push it up alittle. That way, you won’t wear on the tape when sliding the phone.

81. me me me on October 27th, 2007 06:13

hahaha thanx dario… worked well 4 me… was friggin scared at first but made it!!haha broke ma t5 screwdriver cuz i was to filled with fear… haha but worked out!! its been a while tho and i have a feelin the slider is becoming loose again… any thoughts?

82. Dario Soltani on October 27th, 2007 12:05

Haha how did you manage that? Just take it easy, if the slider gets loose again, just repeat the procedure. I want a Nokia N95 8GB, but they wont arrive here until mid December :( They seem to have a better slider.

83. biggzy on November 6th, 2007 21:28

hi dario me again lol, jusp poped in to say hi, fix is still going strong i
    see…. me me me if it goes loose u can: A: apply more tape or B: undo the rails and press them down tightly and creww them back on while applying presure to them so its pressed against the white rail more

84. Dario Soltani on November 7th, 2007 11:26

Hi Biggzy :) Hope all is well!

85. biggzy on November 10th, 2007 01:13

yes thanx dario all is well in sunny uk lol *cough* hows you?

86. Dario Soltani on November 10th, 2007 01:14

Lol, all is good with me in snowy Sweden :)

87. Osman on December 9th, 2007 01:22

Hi guys i had an n95 which wobbled did a fix to it.Then got an n95 gb slider 7 days back and the same stupid woblly thing has devloped although of normal usage .Why doesnt nokia grow up it cost me a fortune on both phones.Today i opened the back cover of n95 8gb .the metal plates are there but slightly different they work in same way like n95.I guess ill get the screw driver tommorow and fix it this way.i guess thats the only solution defctive parts.I wont sent it back its under warranty but i might get an even worse. it wobbles once close on the left side near the green key.its an excellent phone but snot satisfied with the slider.That is the only problem.Huge ram now can run 7 to eight applications at time.faster than n95 and by the way bigger screen is good.What do you suggest should i go for the fixing

88. Dario Soltani on December 9th, 2007 18:02

Hi Osman, I have the N95 8GB and have no wobbly slider still, after 1 month of use. I do however feel its become less firm and the problem might be noticeable with time. I totally agree with you, a $600 phone should not have a wobbly slider or other quality problems…

If you got the warranty I would turn it in and try to go for a new device. Not because it’ll be a big issue for you, but because Nokia needs this kind of feedback to deliver better quality in the future. After all, if everybody turn in their phones and demand new ones it’ll be a big cost for Nokia.

89. Kyuss on December 22nd, 2007 04:44

Cheers for this tip man. A much more elegant solution than some of the others I’ve seen (lifting the whole screen and putting the tape over the white sliders).

I got an N95 8gb a few weeks back and although really solid at first it developed a 1-2mm ‘wobblyness’ to it when closed, moving in the direction of the slider. I reckoned I could live with it but it got progressively worse until 3 days ago it developed the dreaded up down looseness and started making the clicking noises that the first generation N95 is becoming famous for. If I’d had to pay for the phone it would be going straight back but since it was free on my contract, and likely I’d get the same or worse back, I thought I’d give your fix a go.

The sliding action isn’t as smooth as it once was (although it’s getting better with use), but it’s now as tight as a wooden arse and is much less likely to open itself in my pocket.

Cheers

90. Antonio on December 27th, 2007 17:09

it the slide loose, will it affect the other parts like lcd or earpice?

91. Antonio on December 27th, 2007 17:10

if the slide loose??, will it affect the other parts like lcd or earpice?

92. Dario Soltani on December 30th, 2007 11:21

no it should not affect other parts if only the slider mechanism is loose, but you might have other electrical issues if your LCD or earpieces are malfunctioning.

93. Timothy James on March 18th, 2008 02:27

The slider on my N95 8gb is wobbly after just 2 weeks. Found your fix and tried it on mine… just did the fix on the right side though. Wow… it work wonders. By the way, the slider mechanism is exactly the same with N95 classic..

94. steven_s on March 18th, 2008 02:41

hey tim how did you take off the back part. i had the n95-1 and i did it with ease, but with the 8gb i’m having a bit of difficulty and i don’t want to just rip it out

95. steven_s on March 18th, 2008 13:07

lol nevermind i got it. it just doesn’t feel good hearing that rip sound (when the sticky tape from the inside peels off from the phone) on a expensive phone. now there’s no wobble (mine has actually been reallyg ood to me, but i thought i’d do it anyways :P ) and no creaks. if anyone here has creaks when they press down against the sides of the phone (ie battery cover, side with infared) a trick i did was put a layer or 2 or electrical tape there to fill in the space. works wonders. looks perfect!

96. Jan on March 21st, 2008 16:07

Many thanks for a great fix. I managed to find some splicing tape which worked a treat.

97. N ! Z on March 24th, 2008 14:26

Sounds like a great solution i will be trying this out very soon as my fone also has a budged up slider…

hope im all as lucky as you lot..

thanks for post

98. Timothy James on March 27th, 2008 05:25

The first time, i only did the fix on the right side. But after while, it became loose again. So, I apply the same fix to the left side. Now, my N95 8gb’s slider is firm and tight as it should be..

99. steven_s on April 2nd, 2008 05:40

does anyone know if the n95 8gb’s main buttons pop out? My ‘c’, directional pad, and multimedia button all squeak like crazy and i’d like to take them out and try to fix it but i’d like to know if i can just pop them out. anyone?

100. majed on July 23rd, 2008 12:15

thx ……. alot finally fixed my year old problem

101. kev9 on October 13th, 2008 03:39

does this methods last really long time or still a time bomb?

102. James on October 23rd, 2008 19:28

What method are you guys using? Sticking the tape on the black runner, or sticking the tape on the white piece and lifting the LCD screen and taping it in there as well. Is there any difference?

103. Dario Soltani on November 3rd, 2008 17:35

There is a difference. If you put the tape under the runner it wont wear out. Thats the only difference.

104. paul on November 27th, 2009 20:44

hi this does work thankyou now i am having problems with my slide grating when it open and closers any one go any idear how to sort this

105. Josh on February 13th, 2010 22:15

thanks alot this is a great tutorial i used clear tape and it works great .

thanks

106. ajmal on December 1st, 2010 09:05

nokia n958gb problem is no key paid light and
    silde time no music function …..but all averithing ok

107. moazzam on July 16th, 2011 11:20

i have nokia n95 its screen is not showing result nothing at all and when slide up it sound tic tic tell me solution wating for your reply

108. will on November 17th, 2011 12:49
  109. Go Here on December 15th, 2012 00:55

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I’m inspired! Extremely helpful information particularly the last section :) I handle such info much. I used to be looking for this particular info for a very lengthy time. Thank you and best of luck.