How to: Install and play Quake on your Symbian Phone!

September 10, 2007 by

Quake1 paket How to: Install and play Quake on your Symbian Phone!

This post has been updated and rewritten 2007-12-21!

It’s amazing what the Nokia N-series devices are capable of. Did you know it’s possible to play the original Quake (yes the exact same game, not a simplified modified lame version) with hardware accelerated graphics and all on your phone. Just check this video out:

This is all thanks to a Finnish guy called Hinkka. He’s ported the original Quake to Symbian S60 phones with Feature Pack 1 (FP1) and a ARM V6 processor using P.I.P.S.

This is what you’ll need to do to install Quake on your phone:

1. Download and install the Symbian P.I.P.S. C-runtime library

You’ll find the file here. Download it to your PC and transfer it to your phone using the USB cable.

2. Copy files from the original Quake game to your phone

To do this you’ll need one of the following:

• The original full game

You can buy the full game at idSoftware for $20. If you happen to have the original game stored in your bookshelf you can of course also it.

1. Create a ‘QUAKE1′ folder in the root of your memorycard (NOT in your phones memory).
      2. Copy the ‘ID1′ folder on your original Quake CD to the ‘QUAKE1′ folder you just created.
    • OR

• The free to download shareware Quake demo (which I’m running in the video above).

1. Download the demo here.
      2. Install the game on your PC. It’ll probably be placed in your C:\QUAKE1 folder.
      3. Create a ‘QUAKE1′ folder in the root of your memorycard (NOT in your phones memory).
      4. Create a ‘ID1′ folder in your ‘QUAKE1′ folder which you just created.
      5. Copy the .pak file from your PC to your memory cards ‘ID1′ folder (you’ll probably find the .pak file in your C:\QUAKE1\ID1\ folder, copy it to your memory cards ‘..\QUAKE1\ID1\’ folder)
  3. You can also add gamemusic (this part is not required if you don’t want music)

1. Create a ‘CDAUDIO’ folder in the ‘QUAKE1′ folder on your memory card.
    2. Put what ever music (as long as it’s MP3′s) you want in the ‘CDAUDIO’ folder you just created on your memory card.
    3. Rename the music files ranging from 1.mp3 to 10.mp3.

I’m not sure what bitrates works best but I tried 256kbs and it only reduces performance with 0.1 fps.

4. Download and install the Symbian Quake file

You’ll have to choose the appropriate file for your device. You’ll find the files here

Here’s an explanation on when to use each file:

• Use these if you used the Quake demo .pak file
      quake_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx – Your phones has a floating point unit (ie. N95, E90, etc).
      quake_v103_armv6_nofpu.sisx – Your phones does not have a floating point unit (ie. 6290).

• Use these if you used the original full Quake files and want network play
      quakeworld_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx – Your phones has a floating point unit (ie. N95, E90, etc).
      quakeworld_v103_armv6_nofpu.sisx – Your phones does not have a floating point unit (ie. 6290).

You’re now ready to rock and roll!

Game keys:

Currently the keys are mapped as follows when ingame:

• LSK = return / jump
  • RSK = esc
  • Joystick = forward, back, left, right, fire
  • * = look around (with joystick)
  • # = sidestep
  • c = change weapon
  • green answer key = center view
  • volume up/down = look around/sidestep
  • everything else basicly shoots in the game.

In the console you should be able to type by multitapping. And yes, a bluetooth keyboard really makes life easier!

Please consider to donate hinkka (just click on the paypal icon) for all his efforts with this fantastic game!

button How to: Install and play Quake on your Symbian Phone!

Comments

123 Responses to “How to: Install and play Quake on your Symbian Phone!”

1. TuuT on September 16th, 2007 00:06

Excellent, it runs really smooth on my N95.Links are dead, new ones:

PS Great site, keep up the good work!

2. Dario Soltani on September 17th, 2007 20:35

Thanks for the new links TuuT. I’ve updated the guide.

3. Simply Symbian » Blog Archive » Quake on N95 8GB on November 1st, 2007 12:57

[...] Quake is running really good on the Nokia N95 8GB. With the N95’s tv-out feature and a Bluetooth keyboard you will have a great gaming experience! You’ll find download and installation instructions here. [...]

4. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 15:06

please where is that pak file? because i downlload that zip file from idsoftware and there wasnt any pak file please help me

5. Dario Soltani on November 11th, 2007 15:25

1. Download the Quake demo from

2. Install it on your PC harddrive

3. Goto the installed game folder, check in the ID1 folder, there you have the PAK0.PAK file.

Goodluck!

6. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 15:34

yes thanx i gat it and can i put quake1 folder into mobile memory?

7. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 15:34

when yes then where please =]

8. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 15:42

and when i download that demo i must install quake_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx not quakeworld_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx right?

9. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 15:45

i have put quake1 folder with ID1 and .pak file in it in Nokia N95\Phone memory\Data\Games then i have installed pips and then quake.sis and game didnt work =[ please help u only acn please thanx a lot man

10. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 18:49

Dario Soltani please

11. Softik_one on November 11th, 2007 19:16

what’s this? The GPL source code. RVCT 2.2 required to compile i need this for playing game? PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME??? MUST I USE MEMORY CARD OR CAN I PLAY ON PHONE MEMORY?? PLEASE

12. Dario Soltani on November 11th, 2007 23:15

Hi Softik_one… What do you need help with? Sorry I’ve been away. Fathers day you know.

13. Dario Soltani on November 11th, 2007 23:25

“The installation packages on the download page require that you have also a datafile for the game on your memorycard.” – Yes, you need a memorycard (or a virtual memory card like the ones used in the 8gb nokia phones).

First thing I need to know to help you is what phone you have?

14. Softik_one on November 12th, 2007 16:24

I have N95 but not 8gb.. I dont have memory card :D tomorow i will have and then i will try it again. I tryed it to run on phone memory and this dont work…

15. Dario Soltani on November 12th, 2007 16:32

Okay :) Yes that’s your problem, the game requires a virtual memory unit (memory card or built in flash memory like the n95 8gb). Let me know how you’re doing.

16. Softik_one on November 12th, 2007 19:39

sure man =] i will.
    bye

17. Softik_one on November 15th, 2007 17:24

Hi Dario =] it works perfectlly thanx man

18. GordonMorgan on November 15th, 2007 19:11

Hi great instructions game installs and runs smoothly… almost. For some reason the screen goes blank every 5-10 seconds or so and then resumes ok. This is on a fresh out of the box N95 with 12,0,013 firmware any ideas?

19. Dario Soltani on November 15th, 2007 20:04

Softik_one: Great :)

GordonMorgan: weird… Do you mean it goes blank when using the tv-out or in the phone? I really have no clue… How much memory do you have free after boot?

20. Dario Soltani on November 15th, 2007 23:53

And yes, it could be the low ram logo, try a reboot and tell me how you’re doing.

21. Jamie Pert on November 17th, 2007 01:34

I then installed teh file named pips_s60_wp on my phoen along with the quake_v103_armv6_fpu file and they went through fine, however when i go to apps i see teh logo but if i choose to open it it doesnt run, where did i go wrong?

22. Dario Soltani on November 17th, 2007 01:48

Hi Jamie. It sounds like you’ve done everything right. Just try to reboot the phone to free some memory. Keep me updated (going to bed now but will check more tomorrow).

23. Per-Erik Klang on November 17th, 2007 03:16

Sweeeeeet!!! I like it a lot..!! it’s cool to se the old games i played when i was younger coming to cell phones… I remember my first computer i installed q1 on it was really slow and so on…

Now i get it smoooth and all..=) will you fix doom 1 & 2 to?? maybe q2?? Or is that not possible yet..??

I’ll even donate some money for your effort… (when i get my paycheck…) =)

Keep up the good work!!

24. Dario Soltani on November 17th, 2007 10:10

Hi Per-Erik.

I’m sorry but I did NOT develop this game, however “Hinkka” from Finland ported it to S60 3rd. I suggest you make some donations to him. Visit his site at
    You’ll find PayPal donation possibilities there.

About Doom 1 & 2, they already exist. You can check my demo at

Download them at

And now for some Swedish greetings,
    ha det så jävla kul!

25. Playing Quake on the Nokia N95 8GB | Simply Symbian on November 27th, 2007 11:34

[...] find download and installation instructions for Quake here.  Share This [...]

26. Jamie M on December 3rd, 2007 13:04

i did the same thing as the other jamie but i still cant seem to get it workin
    i restarted my fone and it still does the same thing
    im thinking that i might need v106.sisx not 103.sisx
    becuz the quake demo version is 1.0.6

27. Dario Soltani on December 3rd, 2007 13:39

Jamie M: which phone do you have? And did you install PIPS?

28. Jamie M on December 4th, 2007 10:55

ive got the nokia n95 and i did install the pips

29. Dario Soltani on December 4th, 2007 11:15

sounds really wierd, how much free memory do you have jamie? check you ram.

30. Jamie M on December 4th, 2007 11:28

525mb on memory card and 71mb on fone

31. Dario Soltani on December 4th, 2007 11:35

also please tell me what firmware version you’re running by typing *#0000# in idle screen. You can’t possible have 71mb free ram on a n95 classic. Check again and let me know.

32. Dario Soltani on December 4th, 2007 11:44

I believe you have many applications running in the background and not enough free RAM. Try holding down the menu button and shut all applications down (some applications autostart when you boot your phone).

If memory isn’t your problem there are two other possible issues:
    1. Your quake file is corrupt, download the demo (you’ll find the link above) and try again.
    2. You’re running an old firmware version, update your firmware (you’ll find instructions in the how-to section on SimplySymbian).

33. Jamie M on December 4th, 2007 12:07

woops my ram is 159 soz

34. Dario Soltani on December 4th, 2007 12:18

Now you’re really confusing me Jamie… if your memory is 159 you must be using the black Nokia N95 8gb, right?

35. Jamie M on December 4th, 2007 12:23

nope =S

36. Dario Soltani on December 4th, 2007 12:29

Jamie, lets continue this discussion in the forum. I think I know what your problem is. I’ve added a thread in the software – troubleshooting forum, you’ll find it here.

Please register and login, also do the *#0000# in idlescreen and post me your firmware version details.

37. Olsen on December 8th, 2007 16:35

Thanx for the great tutorial !

I did install the game on the phone (N95 With 20.0 Firmware)
    Did make a folder in the memorycart /Quake1/id1/PAK file….

But when I try to open the game nothing happend…
    Did try to reboot the phone many times.. still nothing..

Well well… thanx for the try anyway..
    Har DOOM1 on the phone and that works… 2bad Q did not work :\

Ha en mycket bra dag ;)

38. Olsen on December 8th, 2007 16:43

Ok..

NOW it works..
    The problem was that I had not installed the c-runtime library sis file !!

Think the tutorial should have mention better that you MUST install 2 files to the phone !
    And copy ONE pak file !

that is 3 steps to get it work ;)

39. Dario Soltani on December 9th, 2007 11:03

Hehe ok Olsen, great tips! I’ll make the adjustments you suggest to make it easier for people :)

40. george on December 10th, 2007 18:28

hi dario i really need your help i did the exact same thing as the 1st jamie did and the exact same thing happend to me..i tried to open it in apps and it did not run :( this is what the 1st jamie wrote ) Hi i have the Nokia N95 and i downloaded the quake demo and made a directory on my memory card called quake 1, and installed quake on my pc copied the .pak file to memorycard\quake1\id1.

im asking the same question…by the way i have a N95 and a 1 gig memory card hit me bak when u can

41. george on December 10th, 2007 18:47

i even tried it with the full game that i had installed on my pc.. i copied the whole id1 folder, then installed the pips then the quake_v103_armv6_fpu yet it still doesnt run :( plz help

42. Dario Soltani on December 10th, 2007 19:59

I think the problem is you guys install PIPS after you installed quake.

Do it in this order instead:
    1. Download and install the pips file.
    2. Create Quake directories,
    3. Download and install quake

Let me know if it works.

43. george on December 11th, 2007 01:45

lol dario thx for trying but it still doesnt work…my pone jus doent start the game..its installed and everything, i even tried your advice and no difference..maybe it just my phone? ah well

44. george on December 11th, 2007 02:47

im gonna try uptade my phone 20.0.015 firmware for the Nokia N95 and c if that helps

45. Dario Soltani on December 11th, 2007 08:37

doh you dont have the latest firmware?

46. george on December 11th, 2007 09:37

so thats wats gonna make it work? good…1 prob, when i use nokia software uptader it says my phone already has the latest version…. v12 firmware, its like my phone doest want quake on it lol, if its possible can u link me 2 where i can download v20 firmware thas hit us bak :)

47. george on December 12th, 2007 14:08

o dw bout that comment…bakk onto quake, ive installed both pips and the game, i just think theres somthin rong with he pak file…its in the idi folder along with the 2 installations pips and quake, but uts jjust sits ther din nothing, with a question mark on the side of it, saying that when i clik on it its uable to open.. any problem there?
    sorry for writing so much this is last comment…..apart from if u make it work a thankyou :P

48. Dario Soltani on December 12th, 2007 14:24

George, you did not install PIPS. Download it at

transfer it to you phone and INSTALL it, then you’ll be able to install Quake, download & install it from:

After this is done, you’ll need the quake pak file. Download the quake demo from:
    install this on you computer, then copy the pak file to your phone in the folders described above. You MUST use a memory card.

If you can’t get this started by now, I suggest you ask a friend for help.

49. george on December 13th, 2007 10:02

FINALLY i figured out wat i was doing wrong… when i made the quake foder in the root of my memory card, i also made and id1 folder in there as asked, then i copied pips quakek and pak in ther altogether and installed them, this tiime my quake folder goes like this:
    quake>idi(folder) pips, quake gamethen in the id1 folder was pak
    dunno how that made a difference but it works fine now thx for putting up with my winging :P anyways cya

50. Quake installation instructions updated | Simply Symbian on December 21st, 2007 23:24

[...] and nobody really seemed to understand how they should install the game, so head over there and check it out. Let me know what you think. Share This [...]

51. Pablo on December 27th, 2007 15:18

Hi, does it work on a N73? I’ve tried with both files (with floating point unit and without it). First, while installing it says that the application is not suitable for this phone. Then, when I run it gives me an error like “MENU: wrong function”. What could it be? Thanks!

52. Elvis on January 12th, 2008 18:36

pips_s60_wp.sis
    when i install it there shows an error: file corrupted
    i downloaded this file from evrywhere…..from every site this file is corrupted
    can sum1 help me..??????
    or tell me where is link —- pips_s60_wp.sis —- which one is not corrupted…

53. Dario Soltani on January 12th, 2008 20:57

what phone are you using Elvis?

54. Elvis on January 13th, 2008 13:37

Nokia 6680

55. Dario Soltani on January 13th, 2008 14:11

Elvis: it won’t work on your phone, it requires a S60 3rd edition phone with at least FP1 and a ARMV6 processor.

Your phone has none of these… See for yourself at

56. Elvis on January 13th, 2008 15:45

ye….but thanks anyway……
    does quake work on Nokia N70??

57. Dario Soltani on January 13th, 2008 18:41

Hi Elvis, no you need a S60 3rd edition phone with at least FP1 and a ARMV6 processor.

58. Elvis on January 16th, 2008 14:51

hi Dario…i got nokia n95 8gb…
    I downloaded quake1 full game..
    if i will instaal this game…then am i able to hear sounds???

59. Dario Soltani on January 16th, 2008 16:49

Hi Elvis, you can hear sounds even without the full game (and you can mute the sounds in the game options menu if you don’t want sounds), but for MUSIC you’ll need to do the following:

1. Create a ‘CDAUDIO’ folder in the ‘QUAKE1? folder on your memory card.
    2. Put what ever music (as long as it’s MP3’s) you want in the ‘CDAUDIO’ folder you just created on your memory card (you can use the original Quake game music of course!).
    3. Rename the music files ranging from 1.mp3 to 10.mp3.

60. Elvis on January 16th, 2008 19:40

thanks a lot dario….it works perfect…:)

61. Elvis on January 16th, 2008 19:47

hi Dario….i dunno what happened, my memory card is corrupted….i cant play quake anymore…:(:(:(……..can i install quake on my phone memorry????….please help me Dario….:(

62. Dario Soltani on January 16th, 2008 19:56

Hi Elvis great it worked for you but very sorry your memory card has problems :( Have you tried to format your memory card? If not, try it (everything will be deleted) and reinstall the game.

Also no, you can’t install the Quake game on the phone memory… Sorry.

63. Elvis on January 19th, 2008 23:47

i did it…..but memory card is still corrupted….
    my friend John can play quake without memory card…he installed game in his mass memory on n95 8gb….can i do that same???

64. Dario Soltani on January 20th, 2008 11:24

No you can’t. It must be a memory card. And the reason your friend can do this is simply because the N95 8GB considers the 8GB built in memory as a memory card.

65. Elvis on January 20th, 2008 11:58

Thanks anyway…….
    do u know about n- gage games?
    i want install n-gage games in sis format on my nokia n95 8gb…
    but when i install there shows an error installation of asphalt2.sis not supported
    what i have to do….??
    please help me …i want play all my n-gage game collection on my phone..
    thanks

66. Elvis on January 20th, 2008 12:06

hi dario…little problem…when i install pips_s60_wp there shows an error – certificate may not yet be valid, is expired or phone’s data setting may be incorect…
    what i have to do???

67. Dario Soltani on January 21st, 2008 10:44

Elvis: Sorry I can’t help you with n-gage games as they are not released yet. About pips, you need to set the date on your phone right.

68. Sharath on January 26th, 2008 20:18

hey.. im not being able to install the quake_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx file on my e90.. it says sm certificate problem. can u help plz..

69. Shabz on January 27th, 2008 01:02

Hi will this work for my Nokia N93i??
    Thanks

70. Dario Soltani on January 27th, 2008 11:25

Sharath: Thats wierd, mail the Quake developer?

Shabz: yes it works perfect on the N93i.

71. Shabz on January 27th, 2008 17:16

Hi DARIO, I downloaded and installed everthing like its said. but when I try to open quake it says Menu: Feature not supported?

72. Dario Soltani on January 27th, 2008 17:57

did you install PIPS before you installed Quake? And did you copy the Quake pak file to your memory card? Not the phones internal memory?

73. Shabz on January 27th, 2008 20:13

Yes, im sure I’ve did it this way

74. Shabz on January 27th, 2008 20:28

I cant see it working, Im just gonna have to stick with the doom game :(

75. Dario Soltani on January 28th, 2008 09:44

Shabz it should work with your phone. You’re certainly doing something wrong. You should contact the developer? http://koti.mbnet.fi/hinkka/Contact.html

76. Nik on January 28th, 2008 14:02

Works great on my n95-3!!! Just one thing: it seems to crash if you switch your screen orientation a lot, is this a common issue?

77. Dario Soltani on January 28th, 2008 14:12

Nik: Well yes this is probably a memory out problem.

78. Nik on January 28th, 2008 15:25

I do get de “low ram warning” every now and then… No problem, as long as I don’t fool around with switching orientation I can play for as long as I want to, even saving my games work fine!! -and console cheats too-

79. Dario Soltani on January 28th, 2008 16:07

Nik: Hehe yes the game works very nice. It’s even cooler if you use a bluetooth keyboard and a TV.

80. Shiv on February 1st, 2008 01:37

Sweet mother of Shubniggarath! Quake on my mobile working perfectly!
    Well almost, cuts off part of the screen in normal view, but perfect in landscape. Now to find the accellerometer controller app that he seems to be using.

81. pspz on February 1st, 2008 07:48

hey can som1 help me instal this on my N73?

82. How to: Install and play Quake on your Symbian Phone! | Mobilemodders.net on February 4th, 2008 13:59

[...] Read More…  [...]

83. Ählämi on February 9th, 2008 10:51

Works in N73 2gb?!?!?!

84. Ählämi on February 10th, 2008 20:54

DARIO, will this work on N73 ME???? i want know if it not work i dont try
    to instal

85. Dario Soltani on February 11th, 2008 00:21

Ählämi: I have no idea, I don’t have a N73. But I would not think so because the N73 runs S60 3rd edition without Feature Pack 1…

86. Michelle on February 23rd, 2008 01:10

…. Why do I have problems??

I have the n95 classic…

I have the folder Quake in my memory stick Quake, with 2 files(pips_60_1_2_SS.sis and quake_v104_armv6_fpu.sisx) and one carpet(QUAKE1), inside the carpet aonther carpet named ID1, inside this PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PK

Memorycard/Quake/pips_60_1_2_SS.sis
    Memorycard/Quake/quake_v104_armv6_fpu.sisx
    Memorycard/Quake/QUAKE1/ID1/PAK0.PAK
    Memorycard/Quake/QUAKE1/ID1/PAK1.PAK

The first thing that I do is install pips in the memorycard, then I install fpu also in the memorycard…

I go to applications and… there it is!!! the icon of quake, but when I try to open it… nothing happen, I have rebooted my mobile many times and the same thing happen.

I have read the others posts and Jamie M on december of 2007 posted the same problem… but at the end I didn´t find anymore comments on how you helped in the lasts steps…

Regards

87. clayton on March 12th, 2008 11:49

hey dario, i put the id1 foler from the original quake to quake1 folder on the memory root,but when i start quake its tell me that its for multiplayer only,im kinda confused,what u suggest?

88. Dario Soltani on March 19th, 2008 11:56

Michelle and Clayton: I belive your problem is you dont install the game and the files on the root of the memory card/built in flash memory.

Clayton: you should install the other game file, not the multiplayer one.

89. Jonathan on March 20th, 2008 01:34

Michelle: I’ve had the same problem, but i had forgotten to install pips_s60_1_2_SS….Probleme solved.

90. wangsken on March 20th, 2008 16:17

playing multiplayer quakeworld on nokia E51
    I used the nofpu
    this site says it’s good in cpu float??? http://www.glbenchmark.com/result.jsp?orderby=205&brand=all&submit=OK&benchmark=glpro

and here’s multiplayer between windows pc and symbian phone on windows server

91. James on March 23rd, 2008 19:40

hey dario. ive followed everything wot uve put withe the pips file n copying the ID1 files to the fone but for some reason the quake_v104_armv6_fpu.sisx wont install. i go to do it and it says something about it having no certificate. can you help ?

92. Nik on April 1st, 2008 20:05

@James: you need to set your phone to install any software without checking the certificates. BTW I’ve just downloaded quake2 and it runs great too!!

93. FILIPS on May 15th, 2008 12:19

so what i should do make new folder on partiction e(memory card) make folder quake1 then copy installation files pips and game and then make ID1 folder and put pak file and install pips then quake and it should work ???(i have n95 8gb)

94. Krish on May 18th, 2008 14:26

Had the same problem that others mentioned here with my N82, everything installed, but nothing happened when i tried to click the icon. Well guys, the solution is as easy as it is embarrassing. The quake folder MUST be spelled quake1. not quake1. Naming it “quake 1″ will result in the app not finding the folder..:p Hope this might help out

95. Davion on May 24th, 2008 06:19

I have nokia N95 8gb. I downloaded the quake 1 demo. I created a folder on my nokia virtual memory card quake1, created a folder ID1, and last copied pak files to the ID1 folder. I click on the quake icon and nothing happens. It is in the root folder right next to quake2 folder and quake 2 is running fine. Any suggestions?

96. Derriuz on May 25th, 2008 07:22

Got a smaaall problem… Should this work on Nokia E50? It’s still S60 v3, as far as I know, and logically thinking it should. But the problem is, after installing the game and running it I get an error saying “Menu: Feature not supported”. What does it mean? How to fix it? Oh, and by the way… Does E50 have FPU or not? (tried both options, same result).

I copied Id1 folder from my original full game to quake1 folder on memory card.
    I installed PIPS.
    I installed the game (tried quake_v104_armv6_fpu.sisx and quake_v104_armv6_nofpu.sisx separately)

97. Suskis on June 18th, 2008 11:11

This port is great and I was able to play it immediately and flawlessly.
    however, this game is unplayable without a savegame option!
    I’ts 40 game levels and some of them are really hard and long.
    The link to the developer is not working and I’d love to ask him about this feature.. can someone help me?

98. Nik on July 17th, 2008 16:40

@Suskis: the games has a savegame option, it takes some time to save your game, but it works

99. Tony on July 29th, 2008 11:39

Thanks heaps for putting this together Dario ;) Your instructions are fantastic, clear and easy to follow with all the links to the files needed

Quake works really nicely on my N95 8GB…Can’t wait to install Quake 2 and both Doom games !

Cheers

Tony

100. Dave on September 5th, 2008 02:01

Thanks Heaps Dario!!!! Took me a bit of effort but following your good instructions, i have QUAKE on my phone!!!
    Ahhhhh… how awesome is that???
    Best game ive played on my N95 :)
    Thanks heaps!

101. Allwyn on December 8th, 2008 09:47

Hi frends,
    i am usin n95 8gb… i find it difficult to run the game.though i followed and installed all the above one still tat application is not openenig please anyone help meeeeeee

102. SPIKSY_ST3 on December 11th, 2008 21:47

HELP IT IS NOT WORKING ON MY NOKIA E65….WHY…….I MEAN I SEE NO REASON FOR THAT I HAVE ARM 9 CPU 128 MB SDRAM AND SYMBIAN OS SYSTEM

103. Pa on December 30th, 2008 10:26

Hi!

I have done everything, and placed the .pak file in memorycard/QUAKE1/ID1

But when i try to install the game using Nokia Application Instaler. “quake_v103_armv6_nofpu.sisx ” the phone says something like “Certificate error, contact the programsupplier” I have also tryed the “quake_v103_armv6_fpu.sisx ” but it’s the same problem.

I have a E71 phone… What shall i do, please help :)

104. Best Tips and tricks for Nokia N95 | News Gadget on January 7th, 2009 03:58

[...] QuakePC game which is possible to use on N95 but you need follow difficult install directions. If you can get this one to work, i’ll be impressed.Instructions Simply Symbian [...]

105. Best Tips and Tricks for Nokia N95 Part 2 | News Gadget on January 7th, 2009 03:59

106. Fredrik on January 28th, 2009 16:34

Should the game work when installed in “mass memory” (note: NOT in “phone memory”) on my N96 or do I still need to buy a memory card for the game to start?

The reason I’m asking is that I’ve done just that — installed the game in Mass memory\quake1\ID1 — and then installed the Symbian P.I.P.S. C-runtime library. I now have a Quake icon in my “Programs” menu, but nothing happens when I try to start it.

Would deeply appreciate your help.
    /F

107. Pretorian on February 22nd, 2009 03:09

Okay, whats with the “MENU wrong function error” on N73? I see other people get that error too… ;/

108. goti on February 22nd, 2009 06:33

hay wen i want to installe rocknscroll to my phon it gives me thiserror and doesnt let me put it in my phone this is the error:
    “certificate error:

109. edoftech on March 2nd, 2009 16:38

does anyone know if this will work on the e71? as i want to play quake at all times :) also has anyone tried the multiplayer?

110. ariel on May 28th, 2009 00:52

helo! i saw your vide and im impressed.
    now,i have a nokia E71.can this machine get it work?it has 346 mb ram
    (if the “RM”thing is ram when i press*#0000#)please!waiting for an answer!
    thanks!

111. Jooki on July 30th, 2009 00:54

Thx… I got the shareware version to work on my n95(-1) but for some reason the full version didn’t work… it started the game but then had some exec error and had to quit by writing “quit”.

112. george on August 2nd, 2009 17:18

==DARIO==
    i remeber being on this forum last year asking u for help how to play quake 1, i recently found this out about this game called turok: dinosour hunter which looks like a great game, and only needs 16 meg ram to play! heres a video of it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYUA4NMcT3k i tihnk it will be great if u could get this working on symbian phones, ive looked on google for it but no1 has tried putting this game on the n95 yet, i would try myself but i wouldnt know where to start, hope u reply..wb

113. sshock on August 6th, 2009 15:04

hi
    how to play a custom demos in this installation of quake?

114. robert on January 16th, 2010 01:53

does this work in LG KT610? its with a full qwerty keypads. symbian s60v3.

115. carlos on April 15th, 2010 22:13

this game doesnt works in my nokia n75

116. Shalom on April 22nd, 2010 18:47

Yo, thank you soooooooooo much.
    It’s running smoothly in my Nokia 6210 navigator.
    You are a genius !!!

117. mike on April 26th, 2010 22:51

Hi

If anyone gets a chance, will this run on the newly releases 5230 all touch nokia? without buttons and such? fw ver. is 12.8.095.361.02 the processor is like 434mhz, ~100mhz faster than n95′s thank you. There is nothing mentioned of the 5230 so that is why I am asking. I will not install ayhting until i get a green light;) thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Mike

118. mas on February 11th, 2011 22:49

The unthinkable has happened.

Nokia has been taken over by Microsoft. It has been reduced to a mere OEM hardware provider for Microsoft.

The shareholders of Nokia have responded by selling their shares, leading to a 14% drop in Nokia shares value.

Its time for those of us whom have been long served in our daily lives by Nokia, hence our love for not just the hardware or the brand, but the Finnish philosophy of life and service to the greater community, to make a stand and make our voices heard.

Show your support for Nokia and Symbian by buying the Nokia E7 when it’s launch in your area. After that, boycott all Nokia products. This will hopefully show the Nokia Board and the “Analysts” what is important to the end-users of Nokia mobile phones.

Hopefully, this will persuade Elop and Balmer to leave Nokia and Symbian alone.

However, even if this global community action fails, then you would have own the last best Nokia phone ever made, and will ever be made.

The battle cry is:

“Save Symbian, Fire Elop” or “SSFE”

Spread this message to as many Nokia user as you can. The time to act is now….

119. paresh on July 6th, 2011 13:45

hey i just wanted to know if quake 3 can run on the nokia 5233 or 5800 .

120. ALEXANDER on September 14th, 2011 10:37

N73 Dont’t Have Graphics Accelator Quake 1 is Not Working Menu:Not Supported Error I Installed PIPS C# Library Applications but Not Working Same Errors Can I Run Quake 1

PHONE: N73-1 RM133 2007

on Symbian 9.1 (N73) Quake
    1-2 runs on Symbian 9.2 – 9.3
    FP1-FP2 (quake 3 runs on
    Symbian 9.2 with HW
    akcelaterom-N82 N95 8GB-E90

123. GravityCat on June 30th, 2013 23:32

i have problem while instaling it on nokia E71! it says that instalation failed! Please help!