Firmware update for the Nokia N95 8GB available

November 23, 2007 by

n958gbv11.jpg

Steve at All About Symbian reports about a new firmware update for the Nokia N95 8GB. This update takes your phone from v. 10.0.021 to 11.0.026. Quouting Nokia Europe ‘This software version includes performance and stability improvements to the browser and Nokia maps.’ The update seems to be available for EURO1 product code 0549487. Follow my instructions on how to upgrade your Nokia N95 firmware, you’ll also find more instructions on how to change the product code to make the firmware available for your device.

Update: I successfully changed my product code and updated the phone. Great to have and unbranded N95 8GB :)

Comments

73 Responses to “Firmware update for the Nokia N95 8GB available”

1. Bboy on July 29th, 2008 12:14

Following on from Johnbhoy’s post I would firstly like to say thanks! my wifi now works, yippee! 😀 On another note one line of the fix is very important, that being “And again use the same IP (192.168.1.1) for the DNS address.”
    I didn’t think i’d have to as I have it set up on my router to assign DNS addresses automatically, but it didn’t work until I had put it in.
    Thanks once again!

2. barry on August 11th, 2008 09:58

hello there peeps i was wounderin if ny1 could help me with my Nokia N95 8GB i have been installing apps frm mosh nokia on my fone. I was installing the app and me battery went on me fone ever sinse then it comes up Installing when me fone eather switchin it off/on or usb when unplugged iv been threw all me apps in manger iv even deleted them whats on me fone still no joy if ny 1 could it would be a great help to me Thanks.

3. Mihir Dave on August 17th, 2008 19:32

Hi friends..
    i have a little problem… i have upgraded my firmware to V20 successfully.. but when i restart my phone something comes on the screen like “installing”. and it sticks for very long time…
    i will be thankful if someone helps me out…

4. bolpen on September 30th, 2008 01:44

Mihir:

“Taz: sounds like you’ve upgraded your firmware but some of the software you’ve got installed isn’t working properly. I’ve had the same problem myself. The solution is to do a factory reset and reinstall the software you need.” – Dario Soltani, June 10, 2008

Just do a read through of previous postings. Answer lurks somewhere in the past.

5. website designer essex on October 5th, 2008 21:49

dave
    o2 now support firmware version 30.x
    orange only support up to firmward version 20.x

6. Nokia N95 8GB- V10.0.021 firmware - Fake? on October 29th, 2008 17:25

[…] as V11 was the first N95-2 firmware was it not?. The first N95-2 firmware was indeed 10.0.021. Firmware update for the Nokia N95 8GB available | Simply Symbian __________________ "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of […]

7. DN on November 19th, 2008 18:37

Why cant I send and receive text messages in my new phone after re-installing my preivous backup?

This is the second time now. I think the Nokia n95 is a crappy phone and if I have the choice I will be changing my phone.

All kinds of people are having trouble with it. Come on nokia pull your finger out and help us, or we will all go elsewhere.

8. RodrigoBDT on December 16th, 2008 01:57

Eh instalado la Nueva Versión de Firmware 30.0.018 en mi nokia n95 8g 3ra y trato de instalarle la ultima version del fring y no logro hacerlo arrancar despues de finalizar la instalacion via web de fring

arranca fring y se cierra solo

alguien sabe que sera ??

agregame al msn (pasesvip)

saludos

Rodrigo

9. Dario Soltani on December 19th, 2008 21:35

DN: Thats basic mobile knowledge, not the phone. You need SMS / MMS configuration from your service provider… Contact them and they’ll help you.

10. Jesus on January 29th, 2009 00:17

Me pasa l mismo problema que a RodrigoBDT. El fring nuevo no se inicia, tampoco da ningun error… La version anterior si que iva genial porque la estuve usando

11. Amilkar on March 5th, 2009 16:42

Hello, first of all thanks for all posts, i have learn a lot, NOW TWO QUESTIONS
    1. how can I make a backup of the firmware that I have right now, just if case my upgrade go wrong, (MY MOBILE IS N95 8G) and how can I go back , just if case again.
    2. How can I know the firmware i have installed
    3. How can I upgrade without using an internet conection directly (my conection it’s real slow, so I was thinking to download the firmware first )

Thanks a lot

12. F_rank on July 29th, 2009 13:30

@amikar: i think you couldn’t have a firmware update without using the internet at least the DSL 384kbps or up. because you have to download first the nokia software updater in nokia.com then after which you can now start upgrading your phone. it is just simple though, it has instructions.

13. aDy on September 25th, 2009 11:28

Hello all,

hope everyone is fine. Everyone is facin’ da same issue, I’ve really da forum fully and ths exactly da same issues my mobile is facin’ now, ESPECIALLY JAVA SUPPORTED APP are totally destoryed, un responsive, slow, auto OFF – ON. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO GPRS BY DEFAULT BROWZER, HANGING ISSUE.

NO OFFENCE.
    THANKS.

14. Jitendra on October 23rd, 2009 10:52

i am having nokia n95 8gb, v10.0.021, RM-320, my brother bought it from U.K. and it was lockd with vodafone, i got it unlocked and i am using it but from last some months it started giving problems like mass memory not detecting. I want to upgrade it to the latest version and how to get back the mass memory . I am from India.

Jitendra

15. kenton on February 17th, 2010 14:50

hey every1 i got the nokia n95 8gb nd ive got a major problem i tried updating my software last nite. everyhting was goin fine it got 2 2mins remaining then claimed that it had bin disconnected i checked all connections to the fone nd computer nd the werent any problems, so i carried on with the process and it said it failed so i disconnected the fone and now when i turn the fone on the screen jst stays black i cnt try 2 reinstall the sftware cus i cant sync it to the comp wat can i do to resolve it??? all feedback will b welcome

16. update on September 27th, 2010 13:13

downloding sofwere

17. shahram on September 30th, 2010 14:05

update mobail nokia n95 8gb

18. mechri on October 4th, 2010 15:04

salut soltani,aidé moi svp comment faire pour telechargé un film comme spiderman 3 ou nimport sur mon Nokia N95 8GB,

19. Web Developer on January 13th, 2011 17:29

Its such a shame the the Symbian OS is on the back foot, I used to develop software for it back in the Psion days and it was groundbreaking at the time but then when the operators took a share in it innovation went out the window.

20. usman on May 26th, 2011 19:42

plz tell me what is the use of firmware and wats its use???
    plz could u email me plzzzzzzzzzzz
    i got n 95 8 gb

21. Eljg on October 30th, 2011 13:28

I was considering upgrading the firmware on my N95 8GB from version 20 to +30 then I read that it will delete everything and I am seriously wondering whether there is enough improvement in between the two to make it worth re-installing applications (some paid and some I cannot even remember where I got them from!). Does anyone know what are the major improvements? Thank you.

22. Louis on January 24th, 2012 20:26

last time i try to update the software for my phone half way my battery when off.. when i try to on my phone blank screen.. what should i do?

23. gaurav on June 24th, 2013 04:12

hi. i am in big trouble and in need of ur help . i ve jus unbranded my n95 8gb, got the firmware version 35. but when my nokia pc suit start to upgrade it to my phone it shows 15mins remaining. and shuts to restart but the problem is that my phone doesnot restart after that and pc suit shows disconected. what shuld i do. because i am keen to have that firmware on my phone..plz admin help me