Carbide.C++ v1.3 about to ship

February 5, 2008 by

carbide tools Carbide.C++ v1.3 about to ship

Carbide.c++ v1.3, the #1 tool for most Symbian developers is about to get a facelift and version 1.3 will be released in about one month. Some of the cool new features include Windows Vista support, quick access to everything in the IDE by pressing [ctrl]-[3] and improved build speed and control.

Full feature list after the break.

Carbide.c++ v1.3 New Features

• Eclipse 3.3 and CDT 4.0 "Europa" Release
    • Enables Windows Vista support
    • Quick access function – find anything in the IDE by clicking <control><3>
  • Improved build speed and control
    • New Build preferences panel – global settings to control general build options
    • New Preprocessor preferences panel – global settings for the Carbide preprocessor
    • New dependency tracking now done by externally.
      • Speeds up build times.
    • Option for parallel builds
    • Build multiple sis-files with different key/certs
  • Project property improvements:
    • New Macro Settings panel – specify a file containing macros that CDT will use when parsing the source code
    • New Paths and Symbols pane – shows the paths and symbols used to build the project index
  • Improved debugging capabilities
    • Improved stability
    • Executables view – provides a dynamic list of executables and their related source files
    • Auto-targeting of .DLLs for on-device debug
    • Better support for nested/static .DLLs
    • Increased flexibility for hardware debug
      • Soft attach for hardware debug
  • Improved indexing – context
  • Global search – you can now search your entire hard drive for files
  • CodeScanner plug-in – a static source code analysis tool for Symbian OS programs written in C++
  • Dependency Explorer plug-in – a tool for analyzing static dependencies between components
  • Epocwind.out Scanner plug-in – a tool to quickly identify Platform Security API violations in your applications
  • General improvements to make Symbian development fast and easy
  • Many, many bug fixes

A few other notes:

• EKA1 deprecated — The creation of EKA1-based projects has been deprecated with this release. Carbide still supports its use but all development going forward will concentrate on EKA2-based projects.
  • Windows 2000 support is dropped
  • S60 1st and 2nd Edition SDK support is dropped

You can download the v1.3 beta if you have some time – learn more at http://groups.google.com/group/carbidecpp-beta

button Carbide.C++ v1.3 about to ship

Comments

7 Responses to “Carbide.C++ v1.3 about to ship”

1. Lance M. Proctor on June 24th, 2008 19:19

I am trying to use the USB port on the N95 (Symbian 9.1 OS) as the bearer for “the” web brower interface. I have a web-server (not really a network connection, but a point to point connection via USB) that I need to access and display on the MS. Will Carbide.c++ V1.3 make my life easier?

Lance M. Proctor
    2530-867-3781

2. Dario Soltani on June 24th, 2008 21:44

Hi Lance.

No, you see, Carbide C++ is Symbians official development product (and its free, available from Symbian.com).
    Sure, you could probably use it to make your own software if you know how to code and are familiar with the
    Symbian S60 API. Ask around in Symbians developer forums for programming tips.

I’m not sure I understand what you want to do…
    If you’re intention is to output the Nokia’s screen on another display, there are better tools to do that. Also, the N95
    has a built in TV-out functionality.

If you’re intention is to use the N95′s 3G/GSM connection to access web via your computer, you should take a look at
    Nokia PC Suite (it comes with a application for that).

If you want to stream the N95′s display to a web server, uhm, I’m sure there’s a application for that as well.

3. Dupephedge on January 2nd, 2009 21:10

mhbigptaozfsduvfwell, hi admin adn people nice forum indeed. how’s life? hope it’s introduce branch ;)

4. Anil Kumar on February 11th, 2009 13:31

Hi ,

I Am a Symbian mobile deeloper working in Asia(India).After seeing this article i felt you are the right person to give answer for my question.i want to find a job in USA regarding mobile development and also i am expert in Symbian.please let me know the Symbian situation in USA and as well as other mobile development sectors.

5. Milan on February 20th, 2009 20:52

Mr Anil Kumar,

I have a question for you.
    Can you make somehow Fring to work on this phone?
    I tried many things but without success

I need Fring for VoIP and being a a symbian phone, this one should support it. But as much as I saw – It doesn`t!

I bought it exclusively for this and now I cannot use it

6. rakesh on January 1st, 2010 18:37

i cant even understand codes ,
    unable 2 play symbian game

7. pensalab.org on June 15th, 2013 17:57

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however
    I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging
    links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My blog addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could
    greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!